Name: VICTOR DEL CORRAL
Club: Marville Triathlon Club
Sponsors: Inverse, Marville Triathlon Club, Victory Konquest, Compressport and Victory Endurance.
Collaborators: Sands Beach Resort, Ekoï, Zone 3, Citec, Max's System, Indiba activ, Nike, Creu Groga, David Serra Fisioterapia, VO2.es, USE and More Sports.
Most representative results:
- 2011 ITU Cros Triathlon European Champion.
- ITU ITU Duathlon 2011 World Champion
- 2011 ITU Duathlon European Runner-up.
- Winner of the Alpe D'Huez Long Distance Triathlon 2011.
- 3º in the Ironman distance Triathlon Embrunman 2010 and 2011.
- 4º in the Challenge Barcelona Costa Maresme 2011.
3 tips to train better:
- Water: training from time to time in sea, swamp or lake, using neoprene to adapt and / or know the environment that you will find on triathlon day. Doing some cruise can also come well.
- Cycling: Having a device to count watios for example can help you to be consistent in the effort made on the bike and also be an objective data.
- Race on foot: train the race on foot having missed at least 2h-2h30 'since the last intake.
3 things you should never forget to take the day of the test
- Water: Petroleum jelly and some plastic bag to make it easier to put on the neoprene if it is neoprene.
- Cycling: some rubber bands to hold the cycling shoes on the bike at the moment of the transition.
- Race on foot: cap if it's going to be a very sunny day.
3 things you should not forget to do during the competition
- Water: Do not forget to always go in search of the ball and not only follow the group.
- Cycling: Hydrate and feed well, since sometimes in the cycling sector is the only segment in which we can do more "comfortably."
- Race on foot: Control our pace well for the distance in which we compete, do not forget about hydration and always carry some extra gel just in case ...
3 tips that always have to be done at the end of the competition
- To recover well and as soon as possible, the first thing is an adequate water replacement, with an isotonic drink, replacement of carbohydrates and intake of proteins, amino acids ...
- A cold water bath (not extremely cold), especially in lower extremities, and after this, put on compression stockings to facilitate venous return.
- Give care to our muscles, either with a gentle massage after finishing the test, accompanied also by gentle stretching.
Tell us a curious anecdote that happened to you
Although I thought that everyone knew that after a competition the massage should be smooth ... it turned out not to be like that!
One day, after finishing a distance test Ironman I went to the massage area, extremely tired and battered by the test to give me a little "mimos" to help me recover. But it turned out that what I found was not what I expected! There I was attended by a group of young physiotherapy students, who I imagine are bored by the wait, and in their eagerness to help (I want to think) they started massaging me between 4 (one on each leg and two for the back) as if they had to take away all the contractures that were in my body, giving me such a beating that I almost fainted on the stretcher.
Objectives of Victor in the 2012
- IM Lanzarote
- European Championship of Triathlon Cros
- XTERRA Maui World