This week in the triconsejos section is the turn of Xavi Llobet who was Olympic triathlete in Athens 2004.
Name: XAVIER LLOBET
Club: PASSATGE ESPORT TRIATHLÓN
Web / Blog: www.xavillobet.com // http://xavillobetsallent.blogspot.com.es/
Sponsors: HED, SAILFISH, COMPRESSPORT, ZEROD,
Collaborators: ARGON18, GU, 226ers, NIKE, LAKE, CRACTONI, MEBALINE, OAKLEY
Most representative results:
- Olympic Athens 2004
- Ibero-American Champion-Jaén 2006
- Absolute champion of Spain 1996
- European and World Team Champion (2002-2003)
- 3rd ITU Cup Murakami (JAP) 2000
- 1st ITU Cup Troutbeck (ZIM) 2007
3 tips to train better:
- Water: Try to become familiar with the aquatic environment, it is important to work on the technique in the winter months.
- Cycling: Do a good basic work, complemented with a good work to strengthen abdominal and lumbar train.
- Running: Training consistently, of the three sports it is the most traumatic and consequently the most damaging. Preventing possible injuries must be essential. More mileage does not mean sure improvement.
3 things you should never forget to take the day of the test
- Water: 2 hats, two glasses and try to see the circuit on site.
- Cycling: take the bike in perfect condition, take advantage of the days before to check it.
- Race on foot: check that the rubber bands / laces or closures are correctly. Before leaving the shoes correctly in the pits, check that they are perfectly open.
3 things you should not forget to do during the competition
- Water: do not overwhelm even if it receives many blows, or caused by the waves it seems that we are in a washing machine.
- Cycling: take the opportunity to eat well and try to save strength for the last segment.
- Running: try to go from less to more. We are sure that we will be able to enjoy to the fullest crossing the Finish line.
3 tips that always have to be done at the end of the competition
- Rehydrate little by little but without pause. Especially the 1st hour (“Golden Hour”)
- Relax with a bath in cold water, or refresh your legs with ice ...
- Take advantage of the day after to do a good stretching session and try to eat a good carbo-protein diet.
Tell us a curious anecdote that happened to you
In the Spanish Cup circuit that was held, I think that in the 2001, one of the tests was in Vitoria. The team ran En3ko and Héktor Llanos, Ciro Tobar ... And a server. When I arrived at the swamp where the 1er segment was held, about 25kms from the Alava capital, I checked that I left one of the bike shoes. With the consequent attack of nerves, I had to go back to Ciro's house, and come back ...
But in the absence of 12kms traffic was cut by the test, and I had to "build" the bike, apply a time trial dodging cars, arriving just to prepare the boxes, (helped by the organization) and directly to the "pontoon" exit. Fortunately I got to play, but it was a few minutes of maximum stress.
ENJOY TRI to the maximum as an athlete and spectator. Try to help all the fans with the multisport. Look for some challenge and if health accompanies prepare it with care. For example: EXTREME MAN MENORCA, WILD WOLF TRIATHLON SERIES in Andorra, Castellón, TRIATLÓN VALENCIA ....
Networks (FB / TW): TW: @xavi_thewolf
Web / Blog: www.xavillobet.com //http://xavillobetsallent.blogspot.com.es/