Now that the summer is ending, it is time to think again about resuming training routines. To do this, a solid base must be created for the rest of the year
In this article we propose 5 options to work on strength and aerobic endurance that will help you achieve this goal.
Find a ladder that does not have excessive step height and works the strength of the quadriceps, calves and glutes as well as the stability of your joints.
You can combine all kinds of exercises that you can think of for the climbs, we propose the following:
- Double-step passes
- Single leg jumps
It starts progressively so as not to overload the musculature or the joints, since it is a high impact work and not all bodies are prepared for it at this time of the season.
If long running runs feel a bit monotonous, try making slight changes of pace alternating between your zone 2 and 3 .
You can alternate these changes of rhythm by time or by distance, even if you are one of those who run with music, also by songs.
Take advantage of the bike outings to make more extensive shootings without great unevenness difficulties, where you can focus on a constant pedaling cadence.
Work around 80 strokes per minute te will improve muscle efficiency, since many extreme cadence peaks (below 80 and above 100) will only cause more fatigue in your muscles.
In addition, once you consolidate the steady pace with proper development, you can work and improve the average speed.
Circuits Oberon and Oregon
It consists of interspersing 1.000 meters of race with 9 exercises that are performed each 100 meters. Afterwards, one minute rests and 1.000 meters are followed.
Depending on your level you will have to adapt the race pace, the repetitions of each exercise and the type of exercises.
- 100 m + 10 bottoms of arms.
- 100 m + 20 Jumps in the site (10 with each leg).
- 100 m + 20 Abdominals.
- 100 m + 10 Squats with jump.
- 100 m + 10 Lumbar raising trunk.
- 100 m + 20 Squats complete.
- 100 m + 10 Triceps funds.
- 100 m + 20 Plates with turn (10 each side).
- 100 m + 5 Burpees.
- 100 metres.
- Recovery: 1 'trot + 1000 m smooth.
Also now is the time to take advantage to practice other sports that can help you for the triathlon and to get fit. Some ideas can be the following:
- Climbing: the strength of the upper body is essential in swimming, so it will come in handy
- Trekking or hiking: Nothing like going out to nature to make a good route to put your legs to work while you enjoy a different plan.
- Yoga: joint range, mobility and flexibility should not be forgotten during the season, so take advantage now to learn and be able to apply it all year round
- Cyclocross and mountain bike: leaving the road will make you take more control and skill with the bicycle on roads and tracks. Of course, measure your level before launching yourself to any unknown path.
Including a couple of days a week of different trainings than you usually do during the season will benefit you as extra motivation and will help you in improving your overall fitness at the start of the season.
Laura García Cervantes