To work the agility and the coordination We can use various materials that are very accessible and quite inexpensive:
Materials to work agility and coordination in running
Before you start with the exercises, you should keep in mind the following aspects:
- Make a good pre-heating according to the effort that you are going to carry out
- All supports must be with the metatarsal, just like what happens in the race
- Try to keep the relaxed arms and shoulders, performing the stroke according to the movement
- If necessary, begin the exercises by walking and progressively increases speed
- Increase the difficulty gradually as you get to do the exercise correctly
Depending on the material you use, they can do some exercises, so we give you options for everyone:
placing the hoops in one or two rows you can alternate the supports, make jumps to one to two legs and even to the opposite side
Hoops technical training race
You will have endless possibilities with this material. Toggle supports on and off the ladder, forward, backward, sideways, jumps, etc.
It is an excellent material for more specific technique work. Depending on the height you will find various possibilities. A highly recommended exercise with this material is to practice stride length. The more you separate the fences from each other, the greater the amplitude, so you can play with the number of supports between the fences.
Cones and mushrooms.
They are widely used for circuits with changes of direction, either forward and backward or with lateral displacement, zig-zags, etc. These types of exercises are the simplest and are usually performed at high speed.
Believe it or not, all the exercises that we discuss demand high concentration and cause a lot of fatigue, so we advise you to do them at the beginning of the training once to twice a week.
Laura García Cervantes
Dra. Sciences of Physical Activity and Sport
Club Trikatlón Tres Cantos Sports Director
Senior Triathlon and Swimming Trainer
Paratriathlon Specialist Coach