We tell you step by step what is a Lactate Test and the utility for the triathlete
From triatlónnoticias.com we move to the center of our collaborator Healting, where we wanted to know in detail this specific test for the triathlete where a data as relevant to the competition as the race pace that we have to maintain after the transition to conclude with guarantees of success the competition.
What is the lactate test?
It is a test that is performed to know lactate concentration in blood at different intensities of effort.
What are the data for?
With these data, a graph is drawn with the lactate curve that gives us the necessary information to know where the transition from our aerobic to anaerobic threshold is, which will show it in the graph of the lactate curve.
Where is it made?
Usually by bike or on a treadmill
How it is performed?
The process is very simple, simply picking up a drop of blood from the finger during the different intensities of effort.
So ... Why is there a specific lactation test for triathlon?
This test is indicated to know the rhythms to which we must run once we get off the bike to start the race on foot and that guarantees us that we have a correct rhythm to be able to perform in the most optimal way in this last segment of the competition.
Why is it so important to know this information?
It is essential to know the data of the transition of our aerobic-anaerobic body.
If the lactate does not increase in blood, the development of the exercise is essentially aerobic, and that exercise can develop for a long time without fatigue.
If we have done the lactation test we can know at what speed our concentration of lactate increases and we begin to enter the anaerobic threshold, being aware that this intensity will cause fatigue in a short time.
This moment of transition is called lactic threshold and it will help us to be able to define the rhythms of competition to guarantee having the optimum performance while enjoying the competition while achieving a good result.
Steps to perform the test:
- Preparation of the test, advisable to go with comfortable clothes, coves for the bike and heart rate monitor to control the pulsations
- Explanation of the operation of the bicycle and the data it provides
- Review of our perception of effort
- Blood Shot
- Lactate analysis in blood during the bike segment
- Step to treadmill
- Data monitoring, pulsations and tape speed
- In India there is lactate machine where you can see how 4 approaches the maximum and where we should establish our anaerobic threshold start
- Graph where the collected results
- Analysis of data by Dr. Nuñez along with the athlete
More information http://healthing.es/
Healthing, Calle Serrano, 61. 4ª pla
You may also be interested in this
- Video: How to give the Crol kick correctly? 2 or 6 times?
- #Video: How to make a turn of 180º to a buoy in a triathlon?
- How to play sports until the 90 years, and not die in the attempt? Ultrasound of the heart to avoid sudden death
- The 5 reasons why you get an effort test
- How to prepare the cycling sector for a sprint and Olympic triathlon?