In the following article we present a series of curious facts about yesterday's men's competition in the Olympic Games of Rio de Janeiro.
- With yesterday's victory Alistair Brownlee he becomes the only triathlete with two Olympic titles ... and the only one with 2 "triple crowns" as he has also been 2 times world champion and 3 times European
- Waiting for tomorrow's women's competition, thanks to the Brownlee brothers' gold and silver, Gran Bretana It becomes the country with the best Olympic results in triathlon, with 2 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze.
- Henri Schoeman With his bronze medal, he manages to inaugurate the Olympic triathlon medal table in South Africa. Also note that he had never won a podium in WTS before.
- By segments, the best swimmer was Richard Varga 17: 18, the best cyclist Henri Schoeman 51: 05 and the best runner Richard Murray 30: 34 ... but triathlon is a sport with three disciplines as well as 2 transitions, and the one that spent the least time covering the test was Alistair Brownlee.
- The champion's "curse" continues, never a world champion of the olympic year has achieved the olympic title, in this 2016 Alistar mathematically can not be world champion.
- If we look at the classification of the Rio Test 2015 we will see that in the Olympics it has competed much faster. Last year Javier Gómez Noya signed a final time of 01: 48: 26 and with that “only” mark it would have been 22º in the Olympic Games
- Finally highlight that with its 8th position Mario Mola has achieved the diploma number 6 in Spain in the Olympic Games, after those achieved by Raña in 2000, Ana Burgos in 2004, Raña and Noya in 2008 and Ainhoa Murua in 2012 ... that is, in all the Olympic Games Spain has at least achieved a diploma.
We recommend - TRIATHLÓN:
Skechers Go Run 4 with GOknit fabric, a perfect balance between cushioning and reactivity. Complete article: http://bit.ly/2awwOKq