The triathlete of Talavera de la Reina - Junior World Champion 2010 - will participate on Saturday 25 in Stockholm in the scoring triathlon for the World Series, in turn Sprint World Championship (half of the Olympic). With this, the key phase of the season begins, given that during September and October he will face championships in Spain, Europe and the World.
After the World Cup in Banyoles in June, Fernando loaded batteries with two weeks of rest to resume training in his hometown, where he was until mid-August when he returned to his usual residence in the CAR of Madrid. He did a successful test in the triathlon of Valladolid the 5 in August, leading solo since the swim: "In Stockholm I will give everything; in the distance Sprint I can be better for now than in the Olympics against the world elite. "
His next appointments will be the European Sub-23 in Águilas 2 in September and the national in Pontevedra the 9, where he aspires to both the Sub23 title and the absolute podium taking into account the presence of Gómez Noya: "I'm going to Eagles for everything; the rivals are my age and it's in Spain, so I do not have to have any complex. "
From the post-Stockholm dates, among which there is also a scoring triathlon for the French League of Clubs -Fernando competes in Sartrouville with Noya and the Brownlee- and the World Championship Sub23 in New Zealand in October, we will inform you promptly.
You may also be interested in this
- Mario Mola and Fernando Alarza gold and bronze of the Royal Order of Sports Merit
- Fernando Alarza, the guest star at the National Symposium on Endurance Sports
- 3 World champions will be on the starting line of ProTour
- Spain with 3 triathletes in the 4 first places in the Triathlon World Cup
- Mario Mola Runner-up of the Triathlon World. Javier Gómez Noya third