According to Marca, the British cyclist Chris Froome He has returned to the operating room this past Friday to undergo an operation.
This intervention was planned in his rehabilitation phase after the serious fall he suffered in the recognition of the Dauphiné time trial.
In the operation you have removed the metal plate that had been installed to reinforce his right hip and the pins of his right elbow
On social networks Froome published: «Losing some hardware from my hip and elbow. I feel a little dazed but everything has gone perfect«Said the British runner.
- Chris Froome (@chrisfroome) November 8
Your big goal for 2020: The fifth Tour and the Tokyo Olympics
Froome, whose main objectives are to achieve its fifth Tour and the Tokyo Olympics 2020, announced its intention to resume the competition in February, but did not specify in which race.
The runner, who has practically been a blank season, just said he hopes to be at the start of the next edition, in July of 2020 in Nice. «Until I have a good reason to believe that my return is not possible, I will make it my goal«He assured.
You may also be interested in this
- Chris Froome renounces the Giro and will focus on the Tour de France
- Chris Froome returns to bike training two and a half months after the operation
- It's official: Chris Froome, winner of the 2011 Tour for the positive doping test of Juanjo Cobo
- Froome loses the Tour after a serious fall in the Dauphiné
- They hit the Danish cyclist of Movistar Mathias Norsgaard