Raúl García and José Antonio Arribas, Madrid amateur cyclists and monitors of the Miraflores Municipal Pavilion imposed the personal challenge of get on the 15 road bike in a row the Puerto de la Morcuera, this madness was called Everesting Challenge Morcuera.
These 15 ascents to Puerto de la Morcuera equivalent to ascending the height of Mount Everest, that is to say 8.848 m of unevenness.
This idea came from these fans when the Morcuera port burned in order to raise funds to reforest the area.
They had the support of the Department of Sports of Miraflores de la Sierra (Madrid) who decided to make this fundraising event in a fun-festive day
The two cyclists left at 6 in the morning and completed in almost 18 hours the 15 uploaded to the port. They had planned to do it in 16 hours, but due to the amount of public waiting for them they were delayed several times, but increasingly motivated.
We leave you the interview that they did in Onda Cero Madrid Norte
You may also be interested in this
- Presented the Bicycle Barometer in Spain 2019. since the 2009, bicycle users have increased by almost 4,5 million
- Professional cyclists Letizia Paternoster and Vittoria Bussi run over during a workout
- The French cycling legend Raymond Poulidor dies at the age of 83
- A cyclist falls celebrating the victory and loses the competition
- The judge acquits Vinokourov for the alleged size of the Liege of 2010