According to the ABC newspaper, a new tragedy has occurred on the roads of the Valencian Community. This time, a 66-year-old cyclist and Russian nationality has died this Tuesday after being Hit by a car at kilometer 57 of the N332 road, as it passes through the Alicante town of Torrevieja.
The driver allegedly involved in the incident - a 35-year-old English citizen - has turned himself in to the local police in the neighboring municipality of Rojales.
According to sources from the Civil Guard to Europa Press, the accident was registered at quarter to four in the afternoon on Tuesday and the driver of the vehicle involved -which had damage to the front window- he has left the place of the sinister.
However, finally, the alleged author of the fatal abuse has turned himself in to the police Local Rojales and has been arrested.
From Triathlon News we work to try to raise awareness among cyclists and drivers trying to report good behavior and regulations to avoid these tragic news.
Then we leave you a series of links where various scenarios are shown and how to act before them
- How should a group of cyclists circulate on the road?
- So there is NO need to overtake a cyclist, we will tell you how to do it Share!
- Map of black spots for cyclists in Spain
- How to overtake a cyclist when there is a continuous line?
- How to overtake a cyclist if another is approaching head-on
- Comobity the APP of the DGT for the safety of drivers, cyclists and pedestrians
- How to overtake a cyclist? We present 3 different situations
- Do you know the regulations that the escort car of a group of cyclists has to follow?
- First measures of the special plan of the DGT to increase the safety of cyclists
- The new information panels of the Cyclists Safety Plan