The cyclist Mathieu van der Poel he was proclaimed winner of the Amstel Gold Race 2019 with a stratospheric comeback. The Dutchman cut almost a minute in the last 10 kms, directing a squad, to reach the final sprint and prevail over Alaphilippe, Kwiatkowski, Fuglsang or Simon Clarke
The grandson of Poulidor completes an unbeatable route season by winning at home in the first classic of the Triptych of the Ardennes. Alaphilippe and Fuglsang missed an advantage of 45 seconds in 10 kms. Van der Poel won where his father Adrie did in 1990.
You may also be interested in this
- The new signals of the DGT to protect the cyclist
- One of the most romantic moments of cycling. A kiss from a couple of cyclists in full competition
- (Video) What does a cyclist feel when he is overtaken by a truck?
- Doping: Juanjo Cobo winner of the Vuelta a España 2011 disqualified
- The cyclist Egan Bernal does a workout of 275.48 Km with 2.187m of unevenness at an average of almost 40 km / h