The cyclist Mathieu van der Poel he was proclaimed winner of the Amstel Gold Race 2019 with a stratospheric comeback. The Dutchman cut almost a minute in the last 10 kms, directing a squad, to reach the final sprint and prevail over Alaphilippe, Kwiatkowski, Fuglsang or Simon Clarke
The grandson of Poulidor completes an unbeatable route season by winning at home in the first classic of the Triptych of the Ardennes. Alaphilippe and Fuglsang missed an advantage of 45 seconds in 10 kms. Van der Poel won where his father Adrie did in 1990.
You may also be interested in this
- Everesting Challenge Morcuera. 2 cyclists climb 15 times the port of Morcuera, matching the height of Everest
- Professional cyclists Letizia Paternoster and Vittoria Bussi run over during a workout
- The French cycling legend Raymond Poulidor dies at the age of 83
- A cyclist falls celebrating the victory and loses the competition
- The judge acquits Vinokourov for the alleged size of the Liege of 2010