We echo this news published by the Spanish cycling federation, where they tell us that this study is carried out every two years.
Within the framework of the COP 25 Climate Summit, the Barometer of the Bicycle in Spain 2019, the largest nationwide study on the bicycle.
7 out of 10 Spaniards have a bike at home.
In the study, which is carried out every two years, the National cycling habits. Led by the Network of Cities for the Bicycle (RCxB) and the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) and carried out by GESOP (Cabinet of Social Studies and Public Opinion) the report reveals about the availability of bicycles, that seven out of ten Spaniards ( 71,8%) have a bike at home.
The study also highlights that it increases the visibility and use of public bicycle systems. Specifically, more than three million Spaniards use some type of public bike.
Other relief data
- 1,5 million people use the bicycle daily in Spain to get around
- 9 million Spaniards between 12 and 79 years old use the bike weekly, five points more than in 2009.
- Since the 2009, bicycle users have increased by almost 4,5 million.
Among the results of the study, it is also notable how the gap in the use of the bike between men and women is reduced.
The use of the bike reaches maximum values with 20 million users
You can consult the complete study of the Bicycle Barometer in Spain by clicking on the image.
You may also be interested in this
- Alejandro Valverde will be at the Tokyo 2021 Games at the age of 41
- Professional cyclists ask for permission to train on the roads
- 3 major classics suspended and teams that will not compete in March for the coronavirus
- Alberto Contador already thinks about competing in Mountain Bike
- Former cyclist Stefan Denif pulls on the blanket. "I wouldn't have gotten a contract without doping myself"