We echo this news published by the Spanish cycling federation, where they tell us that this study, which is carried out every two years.
Within the framework of the COP 25 Climate Summit, the Bicycle Barometer in Spain 2019, the largest nationwide study on the bicycle.
7 of every Spanish 10 has a bike at home.
In the study, which is carried out every two years, the habits of bicycle use nationwide. Led by the Network of Cities for Bicycle (RCxB) and the General Directorate of Traffic (DGT) and conducted by GESOP (Cabinet of Social Studies and Public Opinion) the report reveals about the availability of bicycles, which seven out of ten Spaniards ( 71,8%) has a bike at home.
The study also highlights that it increases the notoriety and use of public bicycle systems. Specifically, more than three million Spaniards use some type of public bike.
Other relief data
- 1,5 millions of people use the bicycle every day in Spain to get around
- 9 millions of Spaniards between 12 and 79 use the bike weekly, five points more than in 2009.
- Since the 2009, bicycle users have increased by almost 4,5 million.
Among the results of the study, it also stands out how the gap in the use of the bike between men and women is reduced.
The use of the bike reaches maximum values with 20 million users
You can consult the complete study of the Bicycle Barometer in Spain by clicking on the image.
You may also be interested in this
- Everesting Challenge Morcuera. 2 cyclists climb 15 times the port of Morcuera, matching the height of Everest
- Professional cyclists Letizia Paternoster and Vittoria Bussi run over during a workout
- The French cycling legend Raymond Poulidor dies at the age of 83
- A cyclist falls celebrating the victory and loses the competition
- The judge acquits Vinokourov for the alleged size of the Liege of 2010