According to Telemadrid, a cyclist of about 30 years has had to be rescued by firefighters from the Community of Madrid after being caught in the mud when iI was trying to cross the apparently dry surface of the Santillana swamp, located northwest of the region.
It happened when the young man was about to cross an area of the swamp, located in the town of Manzanares del Real The Center it was apparently dry but that nevertheless broke down when the cyclist passed, causing it to remain caught in the mud, that reached him to the waist, as he has explained to sources of Emergencies Comunidad de Madrid 112.
The dry bed of the reservoirs looks like a passable surface but underneath there is mud several meters thick that can leave you trapped. It happened yesterday to a cyclist in Santillana. He was able to call #112 and be rescued, not without difficulties, by the #GERA de #BomberosCM. pic.twitter.com/hS5nC7I4R0
- 112 Comunidad Madrid (@112cmadrid) November 4
The cyclist, who was alone, He tried to get out of the mud by his own foot but when he saw that it was sinking further, he called the 112 and to the place went the Group in Height of the Firemen of the Community of Madrid.
Finally, the young man was rescued thanks to one of the firemen leaning on the bicycle, which did not sink into the mud, and placed a harness and a hook with which they could get him into the helicopter.
After the event, the cyclist presented a slight hypothermia, although he refused the health care offered when he claimed he was well
You may also be interested in this
- A cyclist falls celebrating the victory and loses the competition
- An 82 year old cyclist rides his 1 million mile bike
- 10 curiosities about the return to Spain that you didn't know.
- The fastest cyclist in history, rolling at 280 km / hour
- One of the most romantic moments of cycling. A kiss from a couple of cyclists in full competition