Last year we saw the French cyclist Robert Marchand He turned 107 years old and celebrated by getting back on a road bike.
To celebrate your 107 birthday pedaled for more than an hour, in which he traveled a distance of 20 kilometers.
107 ans, Robert Marchand roule encore sur the piste of Saint-Quentin in Yvelines pic.twitter.com/rtxUdv1B0A
- CNEWS (@CNEWS) October 27, 2018
Currently Marchand, following medical recommendations, sand was forced to stop riding his bike since doctors feared for their health.
Last year he commented «I try to get some exercise every day, about 20 minutes. One should not be softened. The day you sit on the couch and stop moving, you're screwed«.
Tuesday will turn 108 years
The next November 26 will turn 108 years and hopefully he has recovered to celebrate it in the way he likes, climbed on a bicycle.
From Iberobike, they have tried to know their current state of health but have not succeeded.
It has several world records
The Frenchman has several world records for athletes over 100 years. In 2017 he managed to beat his own brand, when he made 22,547 kilometers for an hour riding a bicycle.
You can see him in action in the following video, where he talks about his intense life
You may also be interested in this
- An 82 year old cyclist rides his 1 million mile bike
- Tomi Misser climbs to the top of Kilimanjaro (5.895m) by bicycle
- Beat the Guinness record from Norway to Tarifa by Bike: 6.367 kilometers in 17 days
- A Colombian of 12 years breaks the record of the children's hour that Sagan had for 20 years ago
- The fastest cyclist in history, rolling at 280 km / hour