According to the BBC, a US cyclist from 90 years has received a public warning of the USADA (Anti-Doping Agency of the United States) for giving positive in an anti-doping control in the National Championships of track cycling held in July of 2018 in Breinigsville (Pennsylvania).
Carl Grove has said that the reason for this positive epitrembolone (anabolic steroid) test they did was because ate contaminated meat during the championship.
Grove had participated in the National Championship Track Masters of the United States in July, in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania.
As the oldest competitor (and only participant in its category), he won the title for men between the 90 and 94 years of age in the modality of time trial and the individual pursuit. It was in the latter, in which he had also achieved a world record, in which he tested positive for epitrenbolon
The US Anti-Doping Agency (Used) stated that he would withdraw his title as a result of the violation of the regulations.
You may also be interested in this
- New case of doping in Spanish cycling
- The former vice president of the RFEC arrested for doping with six cyclists in Madrid and Asturias
- Doping: Juanjo Cobo winner of the Vuelta a España 2011 disqualified
- Samuel Sánchez, involuntary positive according to the UCI
- Presented the Bicycle Barometer in Spain 2019. since the 2009, bicycle users have increased by almost 4,5 million