A heavy storm of rain and hail has caused a mass of land to move from the margins of the road and occupy the entire road, preventing the passage of cyclists.
The 19ª stage was reaching its final part, with the descent before facing the last port of the day, the Tignes, when a strong storm has forced the organization to suspend the stage due to the consequences and safety of cyclists.
The precipitations that fell on the area softened the land to the point that a mass of mud broke off the margins of the road and occupied the entire roadway, preventing the passage.
- Le Tour de Franz (@leTourdeFranz) July 26th, 2019
Given the situation, it was decided to suspend the remaining section of the stage (about 20 kilometers) and that the times taken by the top of the Col de l'Iseran will be taken as valid, with which the Colombian Egan Bernal has positioned itself as new career leader.
In the passage through this port the leader of the race Julian Alaphilippe lost almost 2 minutes and after today's suspension is second to 35 seconds
OFFICIAL TOUR CLASSIFICATION
1 Egan Bernal 75: 20: 27
2 Julian Alaphilippe to 0: 35
3 Geraint Thomas to 1: 06
4 Steven Kruijswijk to 1: 18
5 Emanuel Buchmann to 1: 45
6 Mikel Landa to 4: 25
7 Rigoberto Urán to 5: 04
8 Nairo Quintana to 5: 11
9 Warren Barguil to 6: 31
10 Alejandro Valverde to 7: 15
You may also be interested in this
- Egan Bernal of 22 years virtual winner of Tour de France
- (Video) The nice gesture of the leader of the Tour de France Alaphilippe with a child: he put on his yellow jersey when it was freezing cold
- The Tour de France expels Tony Martin and Luke Rowe for a hitch in full stage
- Quintana, Valverde and Landa for all in the Tour de France
- They hit the Danish cyclist of Movistar Mathias Norsgaard