Every year the adjectives to qualify the performances of Cameron Brown (45 years in June) in the Ironman of New Zealand, last year achieved his 13ª victory to his 43 years and obtaining the record of the test with 8: 07: 58.
This season has returned to the podium, was second last Saturday in the ironman "kiwi" what his 19 put his consecutive podium in the 19 times that has taken the start.
In Europe, New Zealand Ironman It is not well known to be practically at the antipodes, but this race is the Oldest and most important Ironman in the entire Southern Hemisphere, of all those who deputize today. To get an idea is at the level of Roth, Embrun, Nice or Lanzarote, triathlons that we could classify as "the 5 monuments" of the Ironman. What would it mean to be a 19 podium for years in a row in one of those European 4 Ironman?
The feat of Brown is unprecedented in the world sport (that we have news), in total sum 19 consecutive shares, achieving 13 wins, 3 second places and third 3. To make a comparison with one of the oldest and most mythical sports, it is as if a professional cyclist achieved a podium (with 13 wins) 19 consecutive years in one of the great classics such as Milan-San Remo or the Tour de Flanders.
You may also be interested in this
- Alistair Brownlee for the Slot to Kona in the IRONMAN WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- The PTO wants to buy the IRONMAN franchise
- IRONMAN list that will be retransmitted by FACEBOOK WATCH live
- There will be more IRONMAN tests live on Facebook
- Cameron Brown will look for his 13º victory and the 21º podium at the IRONMAN New Zeland