The Switzerland Daniela Ryf She is the big favorite for victory this year in Kona, with four consecutive world titles (2015-2018) she is the rival to beat by all athletes.
The worst result Daniela has obtained in Kona was the second place in her 2014 debut.
This season Ryf has won everything he has competed
With victory in IM Texas, IM Austria, IM 70.3 Oceanside, IM 70.3 Switzerland and the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship. He also won the Triathlon Alpe D´Huez and presents himself with the best credentials to the great event of the year.
With her victory in Nice, IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, Daniela has become the first triathlete, both men and women, to win 5 world titles in the specialty.
Last year he set the record for the test and the cycling segment
Last year he managed to establish the test record with a time of 8:26:18, lowering his previous record 20 minutes.
Also beat the rrecord of the cycling segment with 4: 26: 07
His career times were these
- 3,8 km swim: 57:27 (1:31 min / 100m average)
- 180 km of cycling: 4: 26: 07 (average of 40,5 km / h)
- 42 km of running race: 2: 57: 05 (average of 4: 11 min / km)
It is the clear dominator, where the Kona that won with the least advantage was in 2017 with 9 minutes over Lucy Charles.
His career last year
Last year, she came out of the water 9 minutes behind Lucy Charles (she broke the segment record), as she suffered a jellyfish sting during the swimming segment, despite this, the Swiss managed to complete the sector in less than 1 time.
On the bike he waited until the turn in Hawi to take second place and cut time compared to Lucy, to reach T2 with only 90 seconds compared to the British and set a new segment record at 4:26:07.
Finally, with a marathon at 2:57 Daniela reached the finish line with more than 10 minutes of advantage over Lucy Charles
At IM kona 2019 all eyes will be on her in an edition where she can make history
You may also be interested in this
- The previous women's IRONMAN World Championship
- Summary video RONMAN Kona World Championship (Hawaii) 2019
- 3 Spaniards on the IRONMAN Hawaii 2019 Age Group Podium. Top 10 Spanish list
- 2.500 finishers at the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Who has been the youngest and oldest veteran triathlete to complete the IRONMAN Kona?