The UnderPants is a beneficial foot race held on Thursday of the week of the Kona Ironman, where the participants run in underwear, and that in the 2018 has celebrated its 21 edition
Tea Underpants Run, started at 1998 on the initiative of Chris Danahy, Tim Morris and Paul Huddle as a protest against athletes who wear "Speedos" swimsuits or competition in inappropriate places such as stores and restaurants. And little by little it has been transformed over the years into an unofficial but integral part of the Kona Ironman as one of the pre-race activities.
It has also helped raise more than $ 300,000 for local charities.
Do not miss the funny video of the 2018 edition published by Ironmannews
You may also be interested in this
- Video summary RONMAN World Championship Kona (Hawaii) 2019
- 3 Spaniards at the IRONMAN Hawaii 2019 Age Groups Podium. Top Spanish 10 listing
- 2.500 finishers at the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Who has been the youngest and most veteran triathlete to complete the IRONMAN Kona?
- Roderick Sewell, the emotional story of overcoming IRONMAN Hawaii 2019