The French and former cyclist Laurent Jalabert with 50 years participated on Saturday in the IRONMAN World Championship, getting the runner-up in his age group 50-54. His final time was 9: 25: 53.
As for the victory in his age group it was for the French Anthony Philippe with a time of 9: 17: 29
These were his times:
- Swimming 3,8 km: 1: 10: 59 (1 average: 52 min / 100m)
- Cycling 180 km: 4: 45: 47 (average of 37,7 km / h)
- 42 km: 3: 22: 56 (4 average: 49 min / km)
In all the Ironman Kona the fastest triathlete on the bike was Boris Stain investing a time of 4: 13: 18
This year he won the world title in IRONMAN 70.3 and the runner-up in IRNOMAN
Jalabert with second place in Hawaii has not been able to get the double, after in the past IM 70.3 Nice managed to proclaim himself World Champion IRONMAN 70.3 in his age group.
The one who got the double was also the excicist Alexandre Vinokourov getting in world title in IM 70.3 and in IRONMAN within their age group
You may also be interested in this
- Video summary RONMAN World Championship Kona (Hawaii) 2019
- 3 Spaniards at the IRONMAN Hawaii 2019 Age Groups Podium. Top Spanish 10 listing
- 2.500 finishers at the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Who has been the youngest and most veteran triathlete to complete the IRONMAN Kona?
- Roderick Sewell, the emotional story of overcoming IRONMAN Hawaii 2019