The organization IROMMAN 70.3 Pucón has decided sstop testingto which it was planned for the next January 12 due to the situation Chile is going on.
The organizers also published an official statement yesterday on their social networks, explaining the reasons
"After consulting with the respective local authorities and major stakeholders, it has been decided to postpone the realization of the Herbalife IRONMAN 70.3 Pucón triathlon, which was scheduled for the January 12".
Although a decision like this is never easy to make, it is clear that the current situation of the country and the community of Pucón does not allow the safety and quality standards that we require for our participants, volunteers, inhabitants and equipment to be guaranteed."
Alternatives for participants
On the other hand, it was informed that athletes registered for the IRONMAN 70.3 Pucón may choose an alternative among several options of other franchise tests:
El IRONMAN 70.3 Bariloche 2020, which will run the 1 in March of 2020, and is the closest to Pucón, not only because of the relief, but also because of the weather.
They can also choose other events such as IRONMAN 70.3 Campeche, Punta del Este, Florianópolis o Rio de Janeiro; even transfer to the IRONMAN 70.3 of Pucón in the year 2021.
You may also be interested in this
- Frederick Van Lierde will finish his career looking for the sixth victory in the IRONMAN Nice and in the Embruman
- IRONMAN donates $ 75.000 to those affected by the fires in Australia
- Classified List World Championship IRONMAN 70.3 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Taupo
- IRONMAN Hawaii Kona 2020 classified trial list
- The fastest triathletes by segments in the IRONMNAN distance