The Basque triathlete Gurutze Frades got yesterday where it's been fourth consecutive participation in the IRONMAN Hawaii the second best marathon set in the women's category.
With a comeback of more than 10 places since he left the bike in addition to finish 15th in the race (his best result was 22nd in 2017 and 25th in 2018), he has achieved one of the best marks in the general foot race sector.
His time better than that of Alistair Brownlee and Lionel Sanders
With her time of 2:58:46 she would have been 17th in the general classification ahead of Mattew russell (3: 0: 23) and trialtets like the British Alistair Brownlee (3: 13: 01), Lionel Sanders (3: 13: 42) or Andy Poots (2: 58: 58).
Anne Haug achieves the third best time in female history and sixth overall
It should be noted, the great time achieved yesterday by Anne Haug, World Champion who with 2:51:07 has achieved the third best time in the history of Kona in the women's category and the sixth best time in the general classification.
We do an analysis of his career in this Article.
You may also be interested in this
- Anne Haug IRONMAN 2019 World Champion
- Kona analysis 2019: Jan Frodeno's swimming and Anne Haug's third best marathon in history earn them the title
- The previous women's IRONMAN World Championship
- Gurutze Frades will participate for the fourth consecutive time in the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Summary video RONMAN Kona World Championship (Hawaii) 2019