The German triathlete has announced in his social networks that a fracture will prevent him from participating in the Ironman World Championship next October.
Bad news for the world of Triathlon, since the Ironman World Champion 2016 alone Jan Frodeno can not be in this edition in Kona, in one of the most anticipated editions with the participation of Javier Gómez Noya in the test. The triathlete suffers a stress fracture that will leave him unable to train enough time.
Publishing in social networks
"I really did not expect the season to end this way. A stress fracture in my hip. The ups and downs of the sport had never touched me so closely: to win a world title last week and to stand aside until the following season".
See this post on Instagram
Certainly not how I hoped this season would end. A stress fracture in my hip (SI joint) - see pic 2 for those interested. The highs and lows of sport have never been so close to me- winning a world title last week and being sidelined for the next season. At least the @_promovement team kept the spirits going;) (last pic). Just a reminder to all of that that you never come in a straight line ... listening to Daft Punk- One More Time, so see you all next year? #FrodosOut #Literally
X-ray of the lesion
You may also be interested in this
- Jan Frodeno wins the IRONMAN in Frankfurt by dropping from 8 hours
- Saleta Castro for all in the IRONMAN Frankfurt, a test with Lange, Frodeno and Kienle.
- Jan Frodeno will not be in the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship
- Jan Frodeno will be at the IRONMAN 70.3 Gdynia (Poland)
- IRONMAN changes the mass output of the Kona IRONMAN