The German had already commented long ago that his participation in Nice was not safe, since he wants to be centered in Kona. He had got the pass to the World Championship when he won in the IM 70.3 Kraichgau earlier this month.
To win in Nice, you would have to change your training
In May he was in Nice, training and observing the area. "ANDThe bicycle tour is very demanding and only the best mountain bikers have the chance to win«, After the victory in the IM 70.3 South Africa and the missed opportunity in Kona last year will be focused on 110% in Hawaii.
To fight in Nice and go for the victory, he would have to change his training and lose weight, he said. "That would not be the best thing to compete in Hawaii."
Next stop IRONMAN Frankfurt
You may also be interested in this
- Jan Frodeno will look for the Slot for Kona in the United States
- Jan Frodeno resigns from the 70.3 2020 World Cup
- Kona 2019 analysis: Jan Frodeno's swimming and the third best marathon in Anne Haug's history make them take the title
- Jan Frodeno IRONMAN 2019 World Champion with 7: 51: 13, test record
- Jan Frodeno The favorite to get his third crown?