It was done by Jan Sibbersen beating in 11 seconds the record of 20 years ago.
This edition of 2018 will be remembered as the fastest in history, since the career records, swimming and cycling
The manager of Patrick Lange, Jan Sibbersen has managed to break the swim segment record with 46: 30, competing in the 40-44 age group. He beat it for 11 seconds beating the Lars Jorgensen brand achieved with 20 years ago with 00: 46: 41
But he also beat the female swimming record, this time from the hand of Lucy Charles, runner-up in 2017 and 2018 with a time of 48: 14, beating the time of 48: 43 of Jodi Jackson in 1991.
Photo: Tom Pennington / Getty Images for IRONMAN
You may also be interested in this
- How was the debut of the Spanish PROs in the Ironman of Hawaii?
- The official video of the Ironman Kona 2018
- The Strava data of the Cameron Wurf cycling record in the Ironman of Hawaii
- Hiromu Inada of 86 years the star of the Ironman of Hawaii
- Ivan Raña finishes Hawaiian Ironman for the sixth time in a row