The American Ken Glah of 54 years is one of the Ironman's original pros, with 6 IRONMAN victories on a professional level (Brazil three times, New Zealand twice or Canada)
One of the most exciting moments he lived was what was surely the competition with the most hurried final in the history of IRONMAN in New Zeland, where he finished in second position behind the Finn Pauli Kiuri
It was in the year 1990 - ironically, also in IRONMAN New Zealand, where he finished in second position behind the Finn Pauli Kiuri
Regarding their participation in Kona hfinished among the first 10 a total of 10 occasions between 1986 and the year 2000, being third in 1988. His best time was 8: 24: 01 in 1993, with fourth place.
After that, he has continued competing at the age group level until reaching his 35 participations in Kona and will be on the starting line of what will be his 36ª competition of the IRONMAN of Hawaii.
A true example of love for triathlon
You may also be interested in this
- Video summary RONMAN World Championship Kona (Hawaii) 2019
- 3 Spaniards at the IRONMAN Hawaii 2019 Age Groups Podium. Top Spanish 10 listing
- 2.500 finishers at the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Who has been the youngest and most veteran triathlete to complete the IRONMAN Kona?
- Roderick Sewell, the emotional story of overcoming IRONMAN Hawaii 2019