Three grand tour victories, two world championships, countless stage victories and podiums in the most prestigious races, the list of winners of the Canyon Ultimate speaks for itself.
From its first generation presented in 2004, the Ultimate was and still is our go-to road bike for winning races.
Its ease and ride feel have made the Ultimate the choice of hundreds of thousands of cyclists around the world, from ambitious amateurs to top pro racers.
Now begins a new era of pure road cycling performance with the new family Canyon Ultimate with 11 models and three frames.
"With the new Ultimate we wanted to do something that fans of classic racing road bikes would like.
After a painstaking development process in collaboration with our professional riders, we are proud to present the next evolution of the Ultimate.
A timeless design with the perfect balance between lightness, stiffness, aerodynamics, comfort and resistance,” explains Dr. Florian Imgrund, Canyon Global Category Director, about the design philosophy of the new Ultimate.
Several professional teams already compete with the new Ultimate since the start of the season and rider Jay Vine of the Alpecin-Deceuninck team has already scored two stage wins at the Vuelta a España.
This bike has already made its mark on the toughest stages, even before its official market launch.
Table of Contents
What changes compared to the previous model?
Compared to the previous generation, the new Ultimate features improvements in the following areas:
- Incredible comfort: Improved ergonomics and more space for tires up to 32mm wide.
- Improved aerodynamics: reduction of air resistance thanks to the optimization carried out together with the aerodynamics experts at Swiss Side that saves 10 Wh with the frame alone.
- Maximum integration: total integration of cables and sheaths, easy maintenance for the user.
- Simple setting: height and width adjustable cockpit, without cutting the fork tube and easy to transport.
- Under weight: only 6.3 kg (Ultimate CFR Di2 size M without pedals and accessories), even with the reinforcement of the most stressed areas of the frame.
It would be very unfair to say that the new Ultimate is “just” a stair climber or that it is only suitable for professionals looking to keep weight as low as possible. It's much more than that.
This is the perfect bike for everyone those who are attracted by the purity and clarity of the Ultimate's aesthetic, but who demand cutting-edge technology, maximum performance and ease of driving on any type of route.
In short, this is a road bike for everyone.
With three frame finishes (CFR, CF SLX, CF SL), a wide range of sizes and 11 available models, any rider can find their perfect bike in the new Ultimate family:
The CFR model
- Tthree top-of-the-range Ultimate CFR models, with prices starting at €10.499, combining the superlight CFR frame with the best components available on the market.
- The CFR frames are the new reference in terms of performance thanks to its special construction with layers of carbon that provides WorldTour level lightness, durability and resistance.
Model CF SLX
- Three models with CF SLX frame, starting at €6.299 for the Ultimate CF SLX 8 eTap that includes a SRAM Force eTap groupset.
Model CF SL
- Five CF SL models, starting at €2.699 for the Ultimate CF SL 7.
The entire 2023 range will be presented on Thursday, September 8, 2022, only in canyon.com.