Trek y Bontrager have been associated with WaveCel to create a helmet technology that upsets safety standards in force for 30 years ago. We only have one brain. It is worth protecting it.
The Bontrager WaveCel helmets They offer a protection considerably superior to that of conventional EPS foam helmets. They are up to 48 times more effective in the prevention of concussions caused by the most common cycling accidents.
WaveCel is an innovative helmet technology, exclusive to Bontrager, which results up to 48 times more effective than a conventional EPS foam helmet in the prevention of concussions caused by the most common cycling accidents. *
To protect the head and absorb the energy generated by an impact, the material structure of the WaveCel undergoes a change composed of three phases.
- First, the cells flex to reduce the initial frictional forces.
- Afterwards, the cells contract like the bumper of a car after an impact
- Finally, the WaveCel slides to redirect the energy away from the head
Approximately 99 of each 100 times, WaveCel technology can help in the prevention of concussions. And in the case of conventional EPS foam helmets? The percentage is not that high.
We only have one brain. It is worth protecting it.
* Results based on 2 type lesions of the AIS scale according to the BrIC indicator in tests at 6,2 m / s with an angle of 45º comparing a conventional EPS helmet with the same helmet modified with WaveCel inserts, as described in detail in the "Study of a new concept of bicycle helmet in oblique impact tests
You may also be interested in this
- BH Bikes launches its EVO helmet with MIPS technology
- In case of accident, this helmet calls for you
- Back to school and new Compex promotions
- The best discounts on GPS watches (price drop)
- New book on cycling: The secret cyclist. The real life of a cyclist in the professional squad who wants to be anonymous