El AZORES TRITON , is a Multisport test that will celebrate its first edition the next 18,19 and 20 of October in the Azores Islands. This competition consists of completing a test in 3 days with each of the sectors that have a triathlon, swimming, cycling and running.
You can do an LD, MD or short triathlon in 3 days
The test offers 3 different competitions, the Full, the Half or the Short, that allow you to face this distance in a different way, competing every day in a different sport
- Short: Swimming: 1,5 km - cycling: 50 km - walking race: 10 km
- Half: Swimming 3 km - cycling 100 km - walking race: 20 km
- Full: Swimming 4,5 km - cycling 150 km - walking race: 30 km
The Azores Islands
This is the first e test of the launch of the new circuit TRITON World Series, a world circuit of multi-sports long-distance races, which focuses on Three triathlon sports: swimming, cycling and running.
The Azores are located between Europe and North America. Its islands have a total area of 2,355 km2 and it takes approximately 3 hours to arrive from Spain.
Classified as Natural reserve, the walls of its crater are covered by endemic vegetation, while inside there is a natural lake almost perfectly circular, which is linked to the sea by a narrow channel.
Various ways to participate
Participants can participate in this test in three ways:
- By way of individually
- How team
- How Company
- As an athlete elite
The intangible that this test offers, a ritual before each race
For an intangible sense of strength and passion to encourage athletes to challenge themselves through the logo have created the motto: BE EAGER. BE STRONG. BE BRAVE.
The three pillars of intangible value of the test
(1) THE NUMEROLOGY
- The concept of our logo is based on the amazing theory of Nikola Tesla of the 3, 6 and 9
- The series will be launched in 2019 = 3.
- 3 disciplines, 3 days, 3 distances.
- All distances are reduced to a single digit and end in 3, 6 and 9
- Our plan aims to reach 9 events in 9 different countries up to 2022 = (6) and 27 runs (2 + 7 = 9)
- First event in the Azores which is a group of 9 islands.
(2) THE MANDALA FINISHING MEDAL
The mandala is really a special finisher medal that It serves as a tool in our spiritual journey, since it symbolizes the cosmic and psychic order. Each test is a medal and by collecting the three medals of the three tests, you complete your mandala!
(3) THE TRITON HAKA RITUAL
Together with the tribe Maori in New Zealand which is where the Haka ritual originates, we have designed a welcome, a sign of respect and a thanks for the athletes at the same time that it serves to transmit energy for the challenge that they are going to start!
This ritual will be carried out in every TRITON World Series event, before each race, swimming, cycling or running.
Since the organization believe that finishing a career is important, but, as in life, the most important thing is to start.
The ritual has been designed to celebrate the beginning and reward all athletes with this unique and energetic experience.
Further information: https://tritonworldseries.com/portugal
You may also be interested in this
- The Azores TRITON launches its ambassadors program
- New videos of the tours for the Azores TRITON, the Triathlon in 3 days in the Azores Islands
- Azores TRITON launches the military division
- (Video) Meet in 3D the Azores TRITON, first test of the TRITON World Series
- Video, Meet the Azores Tritón, a new experience that you will not forget