The bet of the Australian triathlete has participated for the first time in a Triathlon World Cup It has not worked out well since it has finished in the penultimate position.
Cameron Wurf, fifth in Kona this year, he wanted to test himself in ITU competition by competing with triathletes up to 15 years younger than him and has finished in the penultimate position of the test,
The victory has been for Matthew Mcelroy with a time of 1: 39: 03, followed by Kevin Mcdowell (1: 39: 22) and for Morgan Pearson (1: 39: 31) third.
Cameron finished the test with a time of 1: 50: 14 in the 47 final position
Fifth in Kona this year and record at IM Italy
Wurf is a specialist in long-distance testing Hawaii IRONMAN record in the cycling sector besides having achieved this year the IRONMAN Italy record with 7: 46: 54 (11º best time in the distance) 1 month before IRONMAN Hawaii.
Also, this year in Kona, it has been fifth overall with a time of 8: 06: 41.
Last year he participated in 8 Ironman, finishing in 7 of them in the Top 5 final
You may also be interested in this
- Anna Godoy fourth in the Santo Domingo World Cup, gets her best result in World Cups
- The Women's Triarmada will close the World Cup season in Santo Domingo
- ITU cancels two World Cups for 2020
- Madrid once again hosts a Triathlon World Cup, in qualifying format
- Cameron Wurf of IRONMAN Hawaii to participate in the Santo Domingo World Cup