Yesterday we saw in the IRONMAN of Lanzarote, the debut of Emilio Aguayo in the distance where he showed great consistency getting the third place in the test
Emilio who came second of the water, knew how to keep the distance on the hard cycling segment of Lanzarote, with more than 2.500 meters of positive height gain and a strong wind, to reach the third T2 at only 2: 30 Frederic Van Lierde, who finally won the test.
Emilio with a marathon that ended in 3: 00: 07 at a pace of 4: 19 earned him to keep his third place and get on the podium of one of the toughest events in the world in his debut, which poses an exciting career in this distance.
Their times have been 49: 15 in the 3,8 km of swimming, 5: 05: 27 in the 180 km of cycling and 3: 00: 07 in the marathon to get the third final position with a time of 9: 00: 55
At the end of the test he told us in an interview "On the bike, I made my career, following the planned and forgetting a bit of the group.
I am very happy with very debut and with the third place. Kona is a long-term goal that I have, in 2- 3 years, now try to keep improving in this distance"
At the moment it is not clear the second part of the season, but we will be attentive to the tests in which it participates
You may also be interested in this
- Frederick Van Lierde and Nikki Bartlett win Club La Santa IRONMAN of Lanzarote. Emilio Aguayo 3º and Miquel Blanchart 6º
- First statements by Emilio Aguayo and Miquel Blanchart, third and sixth of the Ironman Lanzarote
- Iván Raña, Miquel Blanchart and Emilio Aguayo for all in the Club La Santa IRONMAN Lanzarote
- Saleta Castro, Anna Noguera and Emilio Aguayo will be at IRONMAN 70.3 Lanzarote
- Emilio Aguayo and Gurutze Frades win the Buelna Valley Triathlon