The organization Challenge Peguera-Mallorca He has sent the following statement, which tells that a participant in the test today has died during the swimming segment.
This is the full statement:
«With great regret, the organization reports the death of a participant in the Challenge Peguera-Mallorca 2019 triathlon test.
The athlete has required medical attention during the swimming segment and has been urgently treated by the medical services of the event.
From the organization of Challenge Peguera-Mallorca we transfer our condolences to the athlete's family and friends, whom we will continue to support. We are working closely with local security forces and authorities to gather all the details about this event.
Sports events are maintained, including the awards ceremony this afternoon, and out of respect for the family, all celebratory events are suspended.
In response to family privacy, no further comments will be made at this time.«
From Triathlon News we send our deepest condolences to your family and friends.
You may also be interested in this
- An 30 runner dies in the Málaga Urban Race
- Judith Corachán and Pablo Dapena fourth in the Challenge Peguera Mallorca
- Direct Challenge Peguera-Mallorca
- Pablo Dapena, Victor del Corral and Judith Corachán for all in the Challenge Peguera Mallorca
- Challenge Peguera Mallorca hangs the entire poster in its sixth edition