Yesterday, the Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced the phases of de-escalation that our country is going to have to do, to reach the "new normal" as he said on several occasions.
The first measure that has been taken is to allow (if there is no spike in infections) the individual sports practice and rides will be allowed this weekend
As to professional sport, it has been confirmed that they will be able to return to training on May 4, the date in which Phase 0 of the de-escalation takes effect
These are the measures that will be allowed in each phase, both for athletes in general and professionals
Non professional sport
- Non-contact sports activity (cycling, running, skating, surfing, etc.) will be allowed provided it is done individually and with adequate protection (distance, mask in non-water sports, when possible, etc.).
- Outdoor sports facilities without public (only for sports in which there is no contact: athletics, tennis).
- Individual sports activities by appointment in sports centers that do not involve physical contact or the use of changing rooms
- Outdoor sports shows and activities with limited capacity, in terms similar to the cultural and leisure activities of this Phase.
- Sports facilities in closed spaces without public (only to practice sports in which there is no contact or the risk of contagion is low).
- Outdoor sports shows and activities with less limited capacity, in similar terms to the cultural and leisure activities of this Phase.
- Shows and sports activities in closed spaces (only to practice sports in which there is no contact or the risk of contagion is moderate, eg skating rink).
- Public limited to 1 person for every 20 m2.
- Matches with a maximum of 1/3 capacity, always guaranteeing the safety separation between spectators and outdoor sports activities or with a maximum of 1/3 of the capacity of gyms, without the use of changing rooms.
Professional sport measures
- Individual professional and federated training.
- Basic training of professional leagues.
- Contactless sports activity.
- Opening of high performance centers with reinforced hygiene and protection measures and, if possible, shifts.
- Average training in professional leagues.
- Basic training in federated non-professional leagues
- Total training in professional leagues.
- Reopening of professional championships through closed-door or limited-capacity matches, which can be broadcast.
- Average training in federated non-professional leagues.