Yes, there is a race of 4,989 km and it is cataloged in the Guinness Book of Records as the longest career in the world .
Is the Transcendence 3100 Mile Race, where the participants have to complete 5.000 kilometers travel in 52 days circling an apple in Queens, New York between the months of June and August every year.
The total length of the test is 3.100 miles, (4.989 km) where the runners have to give 5.649 spins to an apple which has one longitud of 883 meters. The runners have to complete this distance in a maximum of 52 days which gives an average per day of 95 km. The day goes from the 6 in the morning until midnight.
The first edition was in 1997 and the record is in 40: 09: 06 got in 2015 by Finnish Ashprihanal Aalto and in 48: 14: 24 in the female category achieved by the Slovak Kaneenika Janakova in 2017. This 2019 celebrates its 23 edition.
The test is currently underway for 3 days and can be followed live by its website in addition to previous tours and classifications
More information https://3100.srichinmoyraces.org/
You may also be interested in this
- Beat the IRONMAN record of Hawaii at the Bilbao parties, at the Alironman
- With 96 years Roy Englert gets his fourth world record. It is already the best in 800, 1.500, 3.000 and 5.000 meters
- The feat of Jorge, the first deafblind in the world who will participate in a triathlon
- Julia 'Hurricane' Hawkins with 103 years continues to break speed records
- George Corones with 99 years, swam 50 meters in 56 seconds