Martín Fiz has achieved this Saturday in Durango (Bizkaia) a new Europe record in the test 5.000 meters on track in the 55 seniors category of years. He has also achieved the second best record in history in GGEE
The veteran athlete from Vitoria got a 15 time: 32: 29 in the 5km round of the Euskadi outdoor championship, beating Michael Jager in 7 seconds, who had the best time with 15: 37.0 since the 2006 year.
With the time obtained yesterday, Fiz also established a new record of Spain that from the 19 of May was in the power of Francisco Javier Fontaneda with 15: 41.88, also in Durango.
Martín keeps breaking records
After achieving the feat of Six Majors, managed to win in the most important marathons in the world in its category, Martin Fiz has achieved with this mark his second record of Spain in just one week, since the past 6 of July pulverized the national record of 3.000 in Tolosa (Gipuzkoa) with 9: 10.07.
Whoever was the world and European marathon champion has rounded seven dream months, in which he has also obtained the Spain's records of 10 km en route (31: 40, Valencia) and marathon (2: 27: 51, Paris). Last year, Fiz had already beaten the Spanish record of half marathon in Valencia, with 1: 11: 15.
You may also be interested in this
- Martín Fiz reveals his tricks to win the race 'Skechers Performance North Vs. South'
- The incombustible Martin Fiz pulverizes the record of Spain of marathon for majors of 55 years
- Martin Fiz world record in 10K of over 55 years
- The MD season begins in the Challenge Salou 2020
- Huelva will become the European epicenter of the duathlon and triathlon in March