The Spanish triathlete Miriam Casillas with this great second position in the Weihai World Cup has taken a big step to be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
Victory has been for Switzerland Julie Derron with a time of 2:08:03 followed by the Spanish Miriam Casillas (2: 09: 48) and by the Italianto Verena Steinhauser (2: 10: 11) occupying the third final position.
Congratulations to the elite women's podium in Weihai.
🥇 Julie Derron 🇨🇭
🥈 Miriam Casillas Garcia 🇪🇸
🥉 Verena Steinhauser 🇮🇹@MiriamCasillasG @SwissTriathlon_ @TRIATLONSP @federtriathlon pic.twitter.com/IhZaXxNzNT
- TriathlonLIVE (@triathlonlive) September 21, 2019
Miriam every time is close to meet one of the criteria of the technical management to be able to count on the Olympic square and from the month of December to be able to focus on the Olympic Games. A good result here will bring you even closer to the goal.
As for the rest of the Spanish in the Xisca Tous test, she was 10th and Marta Sánchez was 17th.
You may also be interested in this
- Miriam Casillas will try to close her Olympic classification in Weihai
- Miriam Casillas and Antonio Serrat in the Top 10 of the Miyazaki World Cup
- 4 Spaniards will be in the Miyazaki Triathlon World Cup
- World Cup and Mediterranean Valencia Triathlon 2020 postponed
- Vicky Holland and Ryan Sissons win the Mooloolaba World Cup