The Spanish triathlete Miriam Casillas with this great second position in the Weihai World Cup has taken a big step to be in the Olympic Games of Tokyo 2020
Victory has been for Switzerland Julie Derron with a time of 2: 08: 03 followed by the Spanish Miriam Casillas (2: 09: 48) and by the Italianto Verena Steinhauser (2: 10: 11) occupying the third final position.
Congratulations to the elite women's podium in Weihai.
🥇 Julie Derron 🇨🇭
🥈 Miriam Casillas Garcia 🇪🇸
🥉 Verena Steinhauser 🇮🇹@MiriamCasillasG @SwissTriathlon_ @TRIATLONSP @federtriathlon pic.twitter.com/IhZaXxNzNT
- TriathlonLIVE (@triathlonlive) September 21, 2019
Miriam is getting close to meet one of the criteria of the technical management to be able to count on the Olympic square and from the month of December to be able to focus on the Olympic Games. A good result here will bring it closer to the goal.
As for the rest of the Spaniards in the Xisca Tous test, it has been 10ª and Marta Sánchez has been 17ª
You may also be interested in this
- Miriam Casillas will try to close its Olympic qualification in Weihai
- Miriam Casillas and Antonio Serrat in the Top 10 of the Miyazaki World Cup
- 4 Spaniards will be in the Miyazaki Triathlon World Cup
- (Video) Mooloolaba 2019 Triathlon World Cup
- Ashleigh Gentle and Tyler Mislawchuck win the Mooloolaba World Cup