In conjunction with the 2023 VinFast IRONMAN® World Championship in Nice, France, the initiative I AM TRUE focuses on working with athletes and the triathlon community to promote clean sport and the integrity of IRONMAN racing.
This initiative goes beyond the anti-doping program, covering all aspects of fair competition, including drafting, personal conduct and mechanical doping.
The Anti-Doping Program IRONMAN collaborates with National Anti-Doping Agencies around the world for Test in and out of competition and coordinate strategic testing plans in professional and age group athletes throughout the year.
IRONMAN World Championship participants are the main focus of the testing program, which includes an extensive pre-competition testing program in France.
And what are they going to do at the World Cup to control doping?
During the 2023 VinFast IRONMAN® World Championship in Nice, France, various actions will be carried out to control doping and promote clean sport:
- Focus on the “I AM TRUE” Initiative: This initiative focuses on working with athletes and the triathlon community to promote clean sport and the integrity of IRONMAN racing. Additionally, it seeks to ensure that athletes know and understand their rights and responsibilities.
- Use of the hashtag #KNOWTHERULES: The scope of the initiative goes beyond the anti-doping program and includes all aspects of fair competition that are part of the IRONMAN Competition Rules, such as drafting, personal conduct and mechanical doping.
- Collaboration with National Anti-Doping Agencies: The IRONMAN Anti-Doping Program works closely with National Anti-Doping Agencies around the world to conduct in-competition and out-of-competition testing.
- Strategic Tests: Strategic testing plans for professional and age group athletes are coordinated throughout the year. IRONMAN World Championship participants are the main focus of the testing program.
- Extensive Pre-Competition Testing Program: An extensive pre-competition testing program will be carried out in France, both before and during race week.
- Doping Control by Specialized Officials: Professional World Testing Doping Control Officers (PWC) will be responsible for conducting all testing.
- Sending Samples to WADA Accredited Laboratories: All samples collected will be sent to WADA-accredited laboratories, where urine, blood and dried blood stain samples will be analyzed to ensure immediate and independent scientific oversight of all results.
These actions reflect IRONMAN's commitment to protecting the integrity of racing and ensuring that all athletes compete on a level playing field.