This next Saturday the Grand Final of the World Series Triathlon 2019 where we will finally meet the new world champion. At the appointment they arrive Mario Mola, JAvier Gómez Noya y Fernando Alarza with options to get the world title and in this article we analyze in which cases they could be above the drawer.
Vicent Luis He leads the Grand Final as a leader, with two podiums a fourth place and two fifths, in a season where he has been the most regular with 397 points advantage over Mario Mola and 493 over Javier Gómez Noya. This season 15 different athletes have achieved podium.
The Frenchman has to be fifth in the test if Mola wins the test or eighth if Noya wins.
On the other hand, in the following article we have made a Detailed analysis of the possibilities that the First 6 classified to get the title.
6 different winners in the WTS 2019
This season they have won a WTS test Mario Mola (Abu Dhabi), Dorian Conix (Bermuda), Vicent Luis (Yokohama), Jacob Birtwhisle (Leeds and Hamburg), Jelle Geens (Montreal) and Jonathan Brownlee (Edmonton) which makes many combinations possible in view of the last date of the season.
You can check in this link, the pre-career with the favorites and the complete output list
The winner of the last 3 editions of the WTS Mario Mola, comes second in the Ranking in an irregular season, although he has been the one with the most podiums in the WTS with 3.
The Mallorcan seems to have found the sensations again and will try to fight to the end to get what would be his fourth world title
Mario Mola has options to get what would be his fourth world title but he does not depend on himself to get it. These would be your options, but they all go through winning.
- Mario Mola is champion if he wins and Vicent Luis is 6th
- Mario Mola is champion if he is second and Vicent Luis 8th
- Mario Mola is champion if he is third and Vicent Luis 9th
Javier Gómez Noya
The Galician triathlete five times world champion has returned to the WTS this year after a year focused on IRONMAN and he has done it in a very regular way that leaves him with options to get the title.
- Javier Gómez Noya would be world champion in the event that he won the race, Mario Mola 3rd and Vicent Luis was 8th
He is the fourth classified in the Ranking and also has mathematical options to get the title, although it depends on the poor performance of the 3 that he has ahead in the classification.
- Fernando Alarza would be world champion if he wins, Javier Gómez Noya 6th, Mario Mola 7th and Vicent Luis is 18th.
Fernando would surpass Noya in the Ranking and would be third if he wins the test and the Galician is 3rd
The most likely option Noya and Mola on the podium
This option is one of the most likely, since the top 3 finishers depend on themselves and have an advantage that will allow them to be on the podium.
Vicent Luis, Mario Mola and Javier Gómez Noya would be on the podium as long as Jacob Birtwhisle does not win the test, Javier Gómez Noya 7th and Mario Mola is 9th.
Where to watch the World Series Grand Final live?
The Grand Final can be followed live on TV and on various online channels.
- Date: August 31, Saturday
- Local time: 14: 21 PM
- Spanish time: 14:21 PM
- Date: August 31, Saturday
- Local time: 17: 06 PM
- Spanish time: 17:06 PM
- Teledeporte (The men's test is scheduled to start at 16:00 and the women's test is delayed at 4:30 in the morning on Sunday.)
You may also be interested in this
- Mario Mola Triathlon World Runner-up. Javier Gómez Noya third
- Mario Mola and Javier Gómez Noya for all in the Grand Final of the World Series
- Spain with 3 triathletes in the top 4 places of the Triathlon World Cup
- Mario Mola, Javier Gómez Noya, Fernando Alarza and Vincent Luis the great absentees of the Tokyo Olympic test
- Mario Mola second in the World Cup, Javier Gómez Noya third and Fernando Alarza fourth