This next weekend the Grand Final of the World Series Triathlon where the French Vicent Luis It is the one with more options to get the title.
In this article we make an analysis of the options that the 6 ranked first in the Ranking, that mathematically they could be world champions.
This season they have won a WTS test Mario Mola (Abu Dhabi), Dorian Conix (Bermuda), Vicent Luis (Yokohama), Jacob Birtwhisle (Leeds and Hamburg), Jelle Geens (Montreal) and Jonathan Brownlee (Edmonton)
We recall that the Grand Final is played over Olympic distance, a distance in which Noya has achieved two podiums this season.
It is the one with the most options to get the title. This season is the most regular with two podiums, a fourth place, two fifths and a sixth.
- Into french it is worth being 5th as long as Mario Mola wins.
- Other cases in which he could be World Champion if he is 8th as long as Javier Gómez Noya and Mario Mola win 3rd XNUMXrd.
The Mallorcan with 3 podiums this season, is already back to a great level as he showed after being second in the Edmonton WTS.
Mola has options to get what would be his fourth world title but does not depend on himself to get it. These would be your options, but they all go through winning.
- Mario Mola is champion if he wins and Vicent Luis is 6th
- Mario Mola is champion if he is second and Vicent Luis 8th
- Mario Mola is champion if he is third and Vicent Luis 9th
Javier Gómez Noya
The Galician triathlete 5 times world champion has returned to the WTS this year with a great performance. He also has podium options, but always depends on winning the test.
- Javier Gómez Noya would be world champion in the event that he won the race, Mario Mola 3rd and Vicent Luis was 8th
The talaverano, has options, but they are complicated, since depends on those who are ahead of him in the Ranking have a bad day
- Fernando Alarza would be world champion if he wins, Javier Gómez Noya 6th, Mario Mola 7th and Vicent Luis is 18th.
Fernando would surpass Noya in the Ranking and would be third if he wins the test and the Galician is 3rd
Like Alarza, it depends on the performance of the first in the ranking. Although he has won two tests this season, he has not been one of the most regular triathletes of the season.
- He would be World Champion if Fernando Alarza wins 2nd, Javier Gómez Noya 7th, Mario Mola 9th and Vicent Luis 19th
Marten Van Riel
It is in the same case as the previous two.
- The Belgian would be World Champion if he wins, Jacob Birthisle is 5th, Fernando Alarza is 6th, Javier Gómez Noya 12th, Mario Mola 14th and Vicent Luis 39th.
Spanish Triplet Options
In order for us to see a Spanish treble on the podium of the 2019 World Series, one of these combinations would have to occur:
- Fernando Alarza would have to win. Mario Mola and Javier Noya occupy the other two places on the podium and Vicent Luis would have to be 16th
- If Fernando is second, Mario Mola and Javier Noya occupy the other two podium places and Vicent Luis 20º
- If Fernando is third, Mola and Noya on the podium and Vicent Luis would have to be 24th.
Noya and Mola on the podium
This option is one of the most probable, since they are the first 3 classified and depend on themselves.
- They would be on the podium as long as Jacob Birtwhisle do not win the test, Javier Gómez Noya 7th and Mario Mola is 9th.