ITU has launched a documentary video on the Keniata duathlon selection where he tells us the history of this selection in his trip to compete in the World Championships that will be held in Pontevedra from next week.
The team is made up of 5 athletes, Kennedy Ochieng y Eddy Odhiambo and (20-24), Victor Odhiambo (25-29), Vincent Ochieng (30-34) y Washington Otieno (35-39).
The five young people are from a neighborhood in Nairobi, and his story is deeply inspiring. The documentary is called 'Breaking the Ceiling', (Breaking down barriers), and follows the work of Vincent Ochieng, director of the Kibera Sports Project, whose mission is to help young duathletes graduate in that project and fulfill their dream of competing for a duathlon world title
"We have virtually no cycling equipment, "Adds Vincent. "Some friends lent us the bicycles that we were using in the last four months to prepare for the World Championship, but we will have to return them when we return and wait until next year.. "
Do not miss his story
You may also be interested in this
- (VIDEO) Today premieres "Beyond the challenge of Eva." He participated in the Titan Desert to raise funds for his son with Dent's disease.
- The video of the World Half Marathon record in 58: 08, to 2: 44 min / km
- (Advance) Tomorrow the documentary Alejandro Valverde is presented: A year of rainbows'
- (Video) Edmonton 2019 World Series Summary
- Video summary Castellón Triathlon 2019