Our collaborator Crown Sport Nutrition he tells us in this interesting article the benefits of this type of products in the performance of the athlete.
Energy gels are a indispensable product in endurance athletes, specifically in tests on distance Ironman, marathon or Ultratrail among others.
This is becausecarry carbohydrates quickly, easily and these being easily assimilated and digested, a very important thing when it comes to spending many hours in a row playing sports.
Use them in tests or training for more than 1 hour
The intake of gels is fundamental to be able to maintain the performance in resistance testsao in any sporting event or training that exceeds the hour duration.
However, in addition to the fact that everyone knows these types of products as "Gasoline" for the bodyor, they provide several very important nutrients that we want to explain.
From Crown Sport Nutrition, they focus on the quality of the ingredients and above all they rely on the science to make their products, proof of this is the anti-doping seal by Informed Sport that have.
The Enegy Gel thoroughly
In this case we will explain some of the most important nutrients that the Energy Gel and that make it an ideal product for endurance athletes.
Better known as electrolytes or salts, especially sodium (Na+), which is what we lose with sweat and is essential for Avoid dehydration.
Other minerals that you can find in this gel are the potassium (K+), The chlorine (Cl–) And the magnesium (Mg2+). Added as highly bioavailable salts, such as Magnesium Citrate.
Its very proven ergogenic effect, that is improves performance, since: delays the feeling of fatigue, improves muscle contraction, optimizes the use of fat as a source of energy and stimulates mentally.
- As the branched or BCAA (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) that can be used by the muscle as a source of energy which delays fatigue. Further, minimize muscle wasting Produced in long distance disciplines.
- La Taurine that favors water transport and nutrients within the muscle cell.
- La Arginine, that favors oxygen transport and the elimination of toxins. In addition, being a glycogenic amino acid, muscle can use it as an extra energy source.
El Energy Gel It has a Very fluid texture that is easy to ingest. The flavors with caffeine are Cola and Red Fruits. And it is also available in a caffeine free version (Lemon and Orange).
Do not try in competition for the first time
Remember that one of the first "unwritten" laws of the athlete is that you should never try a product in the race that has not been tested before in training.
If you want to know more about the Spanish brand Crown Sport Nutrition, do not hesitate to visit their website.
You may also be interested in this
- How many carbohydrates should you take in a resistance test?
- CLA (Conjugated Linolenic Acid) to reduce your body fat
- Crown Sport Nutrition contributes its grain of sand to the crisis with a 25% discount on its entire website
- Javier Gómez Noya's strength training to keep fit at home
- (Video) Roller training, a 30-minute session