Simulate race day fatigue with this workout that combines bike and race
This training aims simulate the activity you will carry out on the day of the competition.
Instead of repetitions alternating between bike and race This training not only teaches your body to cope with the changes of triathlon, but also the way to establish itself in a rhythm and efficient pulsations to face the competition.
That's why we echo this training published on the website triathlete.com, we hope it will help you
When to do it?
- Mid season
Recommendations for training day
- Be rested on training day
- Do not do cycling session the day before
- The next day a smooth bike ride.
- Leave the bike in a car or at home before starting the race
- Make sure there are no interruptions in the last few minutes of cycling and the transition to the race segment, so you can experience the transition exactly as it will on the day of the competition.
- 10 minutes of light bike
- 4 x (30 seconds right leg, 30 seconds left leg, 30 seconds normal pedaling)
- 4 x (30 seconds with an intensity of 8 / 10, 30 seconds normal pedaling)
- 3 x (3 minutes Intensity 7 / 10, rec 1 minute minute)
- 4 x (1 minute 8/10 intensity, 1 minute smooth rec) * In the last series, there is no one-minute rest, it goes directly to the next phase.
- 4 minutes Intensity 8 / 10, 2 minutes soft
- 4 minutes Intensity 7 / 10, 1 minute minute
- 2 x (1 minute Intensity 8 / 10, 1 minute minute)
- 5 soft race minutes