The organization announced yesterday on its social networks that it will no longer make the massive exit and will implement a new protocol at the swim exit.
For the first time, IRONMAN Kona it will change its output format for another one in sections, which is already used by many tests throughout the circuit.
The first ones to leave will be the professionals at the 6: 25 the men and the 6: 30 the women, to later give way to the Age groups with departures every 5 minutes
- 6: 25 (MPRO)
- 6: 30 (fpro)
- 6: 35 (OPEN PC / HC)
- 6: 55 (m18- 39)
- 7: 00 (m40- 44)
- 7: 05 (m45- 49)
- 7: 10 (m50 +)
- 7: 15 (f18- 39)
- 7: 20 (f40- 54)
- 7: 25 (f55 +)
- 7: 30 (legacy)
Stress of the athlete, the main cause of change
The decision to move to this type of exit has been made after performing a comprehensive analysis of the athlete's data in order to reduce the density of the athlete
The new start times are not going to change the existing cutting standards for the Ironman world championship: 2: 20 for swimming and 10: 30 for the bike.
Athletes will also have to reach the finish line within 17 hours to be the official finisher of the race.
You may also be interested in this
- Video summary RONMAN World Championship Kona (Hawaii) 2019
- 3 Spaniards at the IRONMAN Hawaii 2019 Age Groups Podium. Top Spanish 10 listing
- 2.500 finishers at the IRONMAN of Hawaii
- Who has been the youngest and most veteran triathlete to complete the IRONMAN Kona?
- Roderick Sewell, the emotional story of overcoming IRONMAN Hawaii 2019