The ITU 2019 season starts this weekend at the Cape, where we will see several Spaniards in the competition. Caronlina Routier will again participate in an ITU test after 9 months since your accident. The test will be played over sprint distance.
As for the men's event, among the favorites we find Richard Murray ya Henri Schoeman first and second in this test in 2017 and 2018. It will also be necessary to take into account Joao Silva, Richard Varga and Vicente Hernández who finished the 2018 with a victory in the Miyazaki World Cup.
As for the rest of Spaniards, we find Roberto Sánchez In 2018 he won the silver medal in the Alanya European Cup and two bronzes in the European Triathlon Championship and the 23 Sub Championship. we will also find Ignacio González García that in 2018 was third in the European Cup in Valencia and Alberto González García who took the victory in the African Cup in Dakhla.
As for the favorites in the women's event, the Danish Rachel Klamer arrives with the number one to the first 2019 World Cup. Miriam Casillas He returns to the scene and can opt for victory, as he showed great quality in the last races of last year. Other athletes to keep in mind will be Summer Cook , Zsanett Bragmayer third last year, Ai Ueda or Spanish Carolina Routier that returns to the competition after 9 months without being at the highest level
As for the rest of the Spanish participation we find Anna Godoy ya Sara Perez who was second in the African Cup in Dakhla
- Date: Sunday 10 February
- Distance: Sprint
- Female test: 14: 15 (13: 15 Spanish time)
- Male test: 16: 15 (15: 15 Spanish time)
Photo: ITU / Tommy Zaferes
You may also be interested in this
- Miriam Casillas and Sara Pérez Top 10 at the Cape Down World Cup
- 6 Spaniards in the World Cup of Tiszaujvaros, the Cup in qualifying format
- The Triarmada in search of leadership in the Edmonton World Series
- 5 Spaniards will go to the final of the Tiszaujvaros World Cup
- (Video) Mooloolaba 2019 Triathlon World Cup