The organization has published a statement confirming the death of a participant during the swimming sector.
He has required medical attention and has been transferred to the hospital, but they have not been able to help him.
This is the complete statement that the organization has published on Social Networks
«With great sadness we confirm the death of a participant in IRONMAN 70.3 Barcelona.
The athlete has required medical attention during the swimming sector of today's race and has been transferred to a nearby hospital where he has been treated. Our condolences go out to the athlete's entire family and friends, whom we will continue to support.
We are working with local authorities to collect all the details on how this incident occurred and we will continue to do our utmost to provide a safe environment for our athletes.
Out of respect for the privacy of the family, we will not comment further at this time. »
From Triathlon News we send our condolences to your family and friends.
You may also be interested in this
- Amateur triathlete dies after colliding head-on with a truck
- They find the body of the missing Portuguese triathlete in the Miño
- An athlete disappears in Galicia during a triathlon test
- Located by WhatsApp a cyclist who fell from his bicycle suffering various injuries
- The Catalan Triathlon Team Championship is suspended due to a frontal accident