The organization has published a statement confirming the death of a participant during the swimming sector.
He has required medical attention and has been transferred to the hospital, but has not been able to help him.
This is the full statement that the organization has published on Social Networks
«With great sadness we confirm the death of a participant in the IRONMAN 70.3 Barcelona.
The athlete has required medical attention during the swim section of today's race and has been transferred to a nearby hospital where he has been treated. Our condolences go to the whole family and friends of the athlete, whom we will continue to support.
We are working with local authorities to gather all the details about how this incident has occurred and we will continue to do everything possible to provide a safe environment for our athletes.
Out of respect for the privacy of the family, for now we will not comment further. "
From Triathlon News we send our deepest condolences to your family and friends.
You may also be interested in this
- Located by WhatsApp a cyclist who fell off his bicycle suffering several injuries
- The Championship of Catalonia deTriatlón is suspended by teams due to a frontal accident
- The triathlete Maria Varo run over while training. The duathlon world will be lost
- A triathlete dies after being injured by the propellers of a boat
- A cyclist dies in Valencia hit by a van