The Spanish Triathlon Federation has published a statement with the postponements of the competitions that were going to be held in May.
Table of Contents
These are the tests affected
- Triathlon World Cup y Mediterranean Triathlon (Valencia): postponed without date
- Spanish SuperSprint Triathlon Championship by Clubs and Relays / Couples (Castelldefels): postponed without date
- Copa del Rey and the Queen's Cup of Triathlon, and Spanish Triathlon Relay Championship (Roquetas de Mar): postponed without date
- Spanish Cup of Medium and Long Distance Triathlon, Half Triathlon Pamplona: postponed without date
- Spanish Cup of Medium and Long Distance Triathlon, Half Triathlon Seville: postponed without date
- Qualifiers for the Spanish Triathlon Championship Tres Cantos, Andratx y Tarazona: deferred without date
- Qualifier for the Spanish Triathlon Championship of Fuente Alamo: discontinued
The Spanish Triathlon Federation, following the instructions of the Government of Spain and the Ministry of Health, has been working from home for two weeks and without ceasing in its online activities in all its areas and departments.
Given the continuous evolution of health recommendations, and the uncertainty situation Given the possibility of undertaking the organization and dispute of sports competitions, the Spanish Triathlon Federation wants to communicate the postponement of all competitions marked for the May in the FETRI calendar.
The new dates, when the alarm state is over
Once the state of alarm ends and the government sets the new stage for the development of our sports competition activities and in which framework, the FETRI competition department will undertake new measures and possible dates to shuffle with the main protagonists, athletes and clubs.
Subsequently, the Federation would make the pertinent communication from our usual channels.
Furthermore, after the agreement with the Autonomous Federations, and the CSD having proceeded to the suspension from the School Age Championships in 2020, and unless there are favorable circumstances, there will be no Triathlon Championship in School Age and Triathlon Championship by Autonomous Communities, scheduled for Valladolid on July 11 and 12.
IRONMAN Circuit Tests
As for the Ironman circuit competitions that take place in our country, the organization has announced the change of dates of the three events they have in Spain, going on to be held at the end of the year:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Marbella, October 25, 2020.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Alcúdia-Mallorca, October 31, 2020.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Barcelona, October 4, 2020.
From Ironman Spain it has been communicated that all the athletes registered in the event will receive an email with all the details in the next dates.
Dates will be searched for all except Fuente Álamo
After adopting all these measures, and except for the suspension of Fuente Álamo, the FETRI competition department continues to work with all venues until the Government guarantees the development of our sporting events, preserving the safety of athletes as a basic rule.
And at that time, working together with the athletes themselves and the clubs, look for new dates to resume activities together.