Yesterday we were able to live one of the most exciting Grand Finals of recent years, where Vicent Luis World Champion was proclaimed, Mario Molgot the runner-up and Javier Gómez Noya the third position of the World Ranking.
For this test, FETRI reached an agreement with the triathletes to grant a direct place for the Olympic Games to the first Spanish in the Grand Final, so with the second place yesterday achieved by Mario Mola He has obtained his direct pass that guarantees him to be in the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
This will allow him to free himself from the pressure next year and focus on the World Series and the Olympic Games.
It will be his third World Cup
His participation in the Tokyo Olympics will be his third participation in some Olympic Games, where he was 8º in Rio de Janeiro 2016 and 19º London 2012.
The rest of the places will be decided by the national coach
As for the rest of Spaniards who will be in the test, Spain has 3 places for the men's test so you have to wait for the national coach, Iñaki Arenal.
The regulations reflect that he will decide who will occupy the rest of the places, although everything indicates that Javier Gómez Noya and Fernando Alarza will be.
You may also be interested in this
- Mario Mola, Javier Gómez Noya, Fernando Alarza and Vincent Luis the great absent from the Tokyo Olympic test
- The Tokyo Test without Noya, Mola and Alarza?
- Javier Gómez Noya, Iván Raña and Mario Mola awarded at the annual COE gala
- Times Olympic Games Triathlon Tokyo 2020
- Confirmed, Alistair Brownlee will try gold at the Tokyo Olympics