When fulfilling 43 years, Marino Vanhoenacker has announced its withdrawal from professional triathlon after 24 years of competitions at the highest level.
This posted yesterday on their social networks:
"The end. From today I finish my competitive triathlon race. The end of a whole in all the wonderful 24 years of racing.
Many thanks to family, friends, fans, sponsors, raceorganizers, fellow athletes, volunteers ... that everything made it possible.
A special thanks to topsportbelgiandefence for the support of 16 years.
Finally jirte & Elke, thank you very much for supporting us in this crazy adventure around the world that was, we are a great sports family, I love you"
17 Victory in IRONMAN and the third best time in history
It started competing in the 1997 year and has achieved 17 wins IRONMAN among which are the 7 from IRONMAN Austria, the runner-up of the World in Kona in 2010 or the subchampionship ITU LD in 2005.
In 2011, Marino got his best time in an IRONMAN with a time of 7: 45: 49 in Austria, Being the third best time in history in IRONMAN.
From Triathlon News we wish you the best in your new stage.
You may also be interested in this
- Lionel Sanders and Pablo Dapena for all in the Challenge Daytona
- Javier Gómez Noya, Iván Raña and Mario Mola awarded at the annual COE gala
- The venues of the Just Tri Triathlon circuit presented
- There is already a date for ICAN Gandía 2020, with 3 distances to participate
- Helen Jenkins will compete again, this time in an IRONMAN 70.3