Ireland has approved a new traffic regulations, which sanctions 120 € to drivers who incorrectly overtake a cyclist.
What is the new law?
This law requires overtake with at least 1 meter away with the cyclist by overtaking him in city when the speed does not exceed 50 km / h.
In the case of any other Road exceeding 50 / km the driver will have to leave a distance of 1,5 meters Regarding the cyclist.
If the driver is "hunted" at the time of inflation he will be fined as minimum with 120 € and with 3 points of the driving license.
The measure has been taken, due to the rise of cycling accidents in the country, and is in force since the November 12.
The drivers complain
They have not been waiting for complaints from drivers on social networks, and are considering bringing security cameras in vehicles as they are carried by cyclists to prove that they have not committed the infraction, or that it is the fault of the cyclist.
A good measure, which especially values the life of cyclists, the most fragile group of roads.
You may also be interested in this
- Chris Froome renounces the Giro and will focus on the Tour de France
- Everesting Challenge Morcuera. 2 cyclists climb 15 times the port of Morcuera, matching the height of Everest
- The woman who was accused of running over three cyclists in Palma is the driver's girlfriend
- Robert Marchand, the oldest cyclist will turn 108 years old
- A driver delivers after hitting three cyclists and fleeing in Palma