The Australian cyclist was riding a bicycle north of Adelaide when he was hit by a car. At his 47 years he conquered five golds in eight Paralympic Games.
As reported by As diary, the Australian cyclist Kieran Modra, Paralympic champion, died on Wednesday at the 47 years after being hit by a car north of Adelaide (Australia), while riding a bicycle around 7.00 hours.
Modra, with a impeccable medal winners in visual impairment competitions, He crashed into a car traveling in the same direction on a road near the city of Gawler, in the South Australia region, several local media reported.
«We are very sad to hear the death of our follower and friend, Kieran Modra, in a bicycle accident«, Commented on his Facebook profile the Royal Society for the Blind (RSB), an Australian entity equivalent to the ONCE in Spain.
«Our thoughts and condolences are with his wife Kerry and the Modra family at this difficult time.«, The RSB added about an athlete who was also a swimmer and tandem cyclist. Thus, he won five gold and five bronze medals in eight Paralympic Games between 1988 and 2016.
«We mourn the loss of Kieran Modra, a true Paralympic legend and a very popular figure in our entire community. Our thoughts are with Kieran's family and friends in this sad moment.«, Also noted the International Paralympic Committee.
In addition to being an outstanding athlete in Paralympics, premiering said record in Barcelona 1992, Modra won two silver medals at the Commonwealth Games of the year 2014, held in Glasgow (Scotland).
You may also be interested in this
- The woman who was accused of running over three cyclists in Palma is the driver's girlfriend
- A driver delivers after hitting three cyclists and fleeing in Palma
- A drunk and drugged 22 driver runs over, flees and kills a cyclist in Maresme
- A cyclist dies when being hit by a car whose driver tested positive for drugs
- One of the great promises of cycling with just 19 years left paraplegic after an accident